March 12, 2008

Riding

I hadn't touched a bike since unloading them off the roof after the Hospice race. I had to take my car to my mechanic yesterday. I always take the bike when I drop off the car. Even though it was on the road, in the city at rush hour, as soon as I started pedaling I felt like a kid again. Wind through my helmet, caressing my head and putting sweet music into my ears. Heartrate rising, sweat starting to form. Cars in a hurry to get me out of their way meant nothing. I was turning the cranks and I was transported to Nirvana.

I took the long way home. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Karlos said...

One of the best feelings in the world!

Unknown said...

Harvey.. yer the man.

Unknown said...

gotta love that feeling! thats why we ride bike to feel like kids again, well to make our buddies legs hurt too!

Tim said...

Words can only get so close to why we ride, well put.