March 06, 2008

Perspective

This would be my report on the Hopsice 100K. I got 4th and gave it what I had to give to an XC-style race 2 weeks after a 12 hour. Once again, I loved the course and the race. Markham Park is fun.

Monday we got up for work and Lauren (my wife) doubled over with the worst headache of her life. A brain aneurysm ruptured behind her forehead. She spent the day in surgery and is now in ICU. Luckily it was mild and I know she will make a full recovery. 3 days later, she's doing great, improving daily. The next few days are critical, then she will be able to begin recovery.

It's going to be a long road and I am going to be with her for every bit of it, doing what I can to bring her back to her old healthy self.

Y'all have fun at the NUE.

11 comments:

Blair said...

Harvey,

I do not know you, but wanted to send positive energy to you and your family.
There is a posting on the SORBA forum.
Hang in there and be strong.

ExtrmTao said...

Harvey,

Good luck to you and your family during the hard times. My mother went through the same a long time ago. Be strong and our thoughts are with you.

Peace

keith said...

thoughts and prayers are with you.

Investment Biker said...

You and Lauren are and will continue to be in the thoughts and prayers of me and my family. -Brett

Investment Biker said...

You and Lauren will be in our thoughts and prayers. -Brett

MRussell said...

Harvey,
My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Mark

jjay said...

Harv -we wish the best for a speedy recovery!

Georges Rouan said...

Harvey,
I dont know you other than what i read on the blog but I wanted to wish you and your lady a speedy recovery.
Sincerely,

Bike boy.

Unknown said...

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike and Bernice said...

Just a note to say one other cyclist is praying for your wife's recovery...

mikebike

Solo Goat said...

dude - sorry to hear about this... hope all is well..

ernesto