February 04, 2008

Time...

...keeps on ticking, and next thing you know it's been almost a month since I've posted anything to this blog. It's not that there hasn't been anything going, but quite the opposite. Life has been busy and this "creative endeavour" is the first thing that gets neglected.

So, what's happening? Since my last entry I've not only survived commuting in peak snowbird season. I also:

- Rode the Tour de Felasco on Jan. 12. I've always loved the San Felasco trails. They're a bit of a hike for a day ride, so this is my annual opportunity. The ride has always been great, but I could do without the sandy horsey doubletracks used to make the 50 mile ride. This year my prayers were answered with copious amounts of singletrack and minimal doubletrack, and none of the equestrian variety.

- Spent many, many hours at Croom. I've been the route coordinator for the Croom 50 for a few years and I take my job seriously. I rode the entire course at least twice leading up to the ride. I wasn't training. I was checking out the course and mileage splits. I even went out for more one day after riding the 50 mile course. I wasn't training. It takes a big effort to get the course marked the weekend before the ride, but I always get a big volunteer turnout that makes the job easy.

- Kicked off my 2008 season with the 6 Hours of El Lagarto. The results are here. I placed 2nd solo again, this time to the Ryno himself. I was happy with my effort. I was able to peg it XC-style for a couple of laps then settle into a consistent pace.


It was good to get back to racing again...




...but this guy stole the show.

1 comment:

EL SandPine said...

Good job with the Croom course markings coordination. I didn't get lost on the way to the blue pits this year!