October 06, 2007

Off season!

My season is over. I've had some great races and had a blast this season I could've kept going without much travel since there's a great XC series going on in Florida, but a couple of months of downtime has served me well the past few years. Every year I take a month off and rebuild my base, and every year I've gotten stronger despite being on the downhill side of middle-age.

I'll keep riding, but there will be no 5AM training rides for a few months. During the week, the only exercise I've gotten the past couple of weeks has been walking my dog. I ride on the weekends but keep it short and easy.

Last weekend we camped at Santos to celebrate a friend's birthday. The ratio of beers drank to hours ridden was about 3:1. Good times, indeed.



I'm going like gangbusters catching up on all the stuff that gets ignored when I'm riding 15+ hours a week. Which leads me to...

2 comments:

Namrita O'Dea said...

sounds just like my october...except...CRAP! i still have one more race to do :(

Namrita O'Dea said...

sounds just like my october...except...CRAP! i still have one more race to do :(