January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hope you welcomed the new year in a way that makes you happy. I did: 40 miles of sweet dirt. It was almost twice as much as I'd planned on riding today, but the odds were against me. It was my last free day off for a while, the weather was beautiful, a little overnight rain had packed the trails. I rode both Croom and Boyette today (afternoon spin with the dogs) and conditions were perfect.

I have a nice string of big weekend dirt rides going. Last weekend I rolled a beautiful 50+ miles at Santos with Eddie and Namrita O, Patrick and Chris. Before that there was 40+ at Croom, 40 and 55 mile rides at Santos, and lots of 2-3 hour rides at LHP, getting that place dialed in for a certain 6 hour race at the end of the month. There's nothing like 6 hours of fast but technical trail to kick start your season, right in the nuts.


Fontana has lost 2 pounds since he went on his diet. We still can't see his ribs, but he doesn't look quite as fat. Max keeps him honest. That dog loves to run and his endurance is building rapidly. He rode 22 miles at LHP with me last weekend at a nice pace.