August 21, 2007

I really was at the Fool's Gold


Here's a shot of me leaving aid station 4 on the 2nd lap. I'd just put the hardest part of the course behind me, knew I had only 1 hour to go and nobody was close behind. I was the happiest I'd been in hours. Little did I know that a potential win was so close...

The photo credit goes to The Tomato. He was manning aid station 4 after racing the 50. He also went out after dark and many beers to help find lost riders. Way to go, Tomato, and it's always putting a face to a name/blog. Thanks for sending me the photo. I almost never get pictures unless Lauren is with me.

2 comments:

ExtrmTao said...

Thanks for the credit, I should have told ya to get your butt moving. . .

Excellent work out there.

gwadzilla said...

it was a fantastic race weekend!

I had a blast

was not as fast as I would have liked to be
but I was not hurting as much as I could have been

the whole weekend surrounding the event was awesome!