July 24, 2007

I won my category...


...and all I got was this really cool trophy and a pair of sunglasses.

2 years I finished ORAMM 5th in the Vet Men category (30+) and 22nd overall. I got $50 and a really cool trophy for my efforts. This year I finished 7th overall, won Master Men (40+) and the prize pool kinda dwindled. It wasn't just me. When I went to see if there was a mistake, I snuck a look at the prize sheet and cash payouts were minimal. Even if I'd entered the open class (would've been 6th) I would've gotten the glasses, but no trophy.

ORAMM is a really fun, well-run race (um, we could've done without the 8:00 - no - 8:30 - no - 8:11 last-minute start time flip-flops), but it seems that with growing popularity and exploding registrations the cash payouts should be coming up, not going down.

That being said, I had a blast in NC this weekend. I shattered my 6-hour goal (5:37), finished in the top 10 and was treated to the nicest weather I've ever seen in Asheville in July.

I'll post a full write-up when time allows.

1 comment:

Jeff Kerkove said...

Your gear is in the mail.