June 11, 2007

Time for a new glass


My Mohican 100 pint glass from last year's race became the beer glass of choice in the weeks leading up to this year's race. Maybe it helped to make for a good mojo this year; maybe it didn't. The result was much better than last year, so in hopes that a trend will develop, it was time for a switch.

I took last week off the bike, so the pint glass saw some pretty extensive use. Not being one to rest too much, we went to Boyette for a little trailwork action. My assignment involved digging up and carting big rocks to a new section of trail that was open for business at the end of the day. I also got to tour the start of the next new trail which will add another 2.5 miles of swoopy singletrack to the great inventory of trails out there.

Sunday we took a family trip (Lauren, Fontana and I) to Santos for some riding. I really did take it easy. I rode with Lauren and Fontana the entire time, except for a few detours onto the harder red trails.

I'm ramping the saddletime back up this week. I always ride early in the morning during the week to minimize exposure to heat and summer thunderstorms. I think it was already 85 degrees at 6:00 this morning. So much for escaping from the heat. Canada, anybody?

No comments: